Heather Nyki Burch, "I am much more than just a Web Developer or Online Marketer. I am a Web Dudette, working to help you create a presence online."
An online presence is more than just having a website; the website is just the beginning. Once you have space online with your website, it is time to bring in customers by creating a marketing campaign and staying current with regular maintenance and updates – building Your online PRESENCE.
The Web Dudette is the ultimate guide for creating and building your brand on the internet.
Whether you're a well established organization or an up-and-coming entrepreneur, this is the place to start for creating your future on the world wide web.
Now your wondering what this all means, how does it all work? Once you have a website in place, it is important that people know about it or else it will get lost in cyberspace. There are many ways to bring it to life with visitors and regular traffic.
- Word of mouth is of course known as the best way, but how many people can you tell about your website in one day?
- This is where social media can play a big part. Having online profiles to reach networks of friends extends your reach effortlessly. These are referred to as viral marketing platforms.
- Youtube is one of these viral platforms that utilizes video. Often, someone will find a video they like and shares with everybody; whether they talk about it, email a link to their contacts, and/or share it on their social profiles for others to see, this is a great marketing tool.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is another key tactic to get traffic. Think about it, how many times have you gone to 'google' something you wanted to know more about? Being ranked in search engines helps bring in qualified visitors who are looking specifically for what you have.
- Directories are specialized search engine platforms, similar to Youtube - on Youtube people can search videos, on blog directories people can search blogs, on article directories people can search articles. These are another great place to attract qualified traffic.
- Article Marketing is a great way to not only improve your ranking in search engines, but also have another point of entry to your website. Posting articles develops the reputation of being an authority on your topic and search engines, like Google, appreciate that more than sales sites. Also, having your website link with every article you post brings people back to your website to find out more.
- Link Sharing is another technique to build your reputation as an authority as well as creating another point of entry to your website. Search engines will respect you more when they see that others respect you and want to be associated with you.
- Lastly, but not at all the least, regular ads are a great way to bring traffic. Classifieds, Craigslist, Google Ads are all a great way to get your brand, your business out there.
Here is a tip to remember, people's curiosity is often peaked after being exposed/seeing something multiple times. The more your brand appears online, the more likely you are to capture more visitors and turn them into customers.
To truly understand what can be done with your business online, examples are the best lessons. Check out the impact others have made on the internet. Here is a list of recent websites done by Heather Nyki Burch: